Home: British Theatre: Plays & Playwrights: Shakespeare
- William Shakespeare - an in-depth biography and analysis of his poetic qualities.
- All Sorts of Hamlets - A study of some of the most famous actors to tackle Shakespeare's most famous rôle.
- Antony and Cleopatra - Analysis of the play.
- Biographical aspects of the Sonnets - Examines the worth of Shakespeare's sonnets in piecing together clues as to the nature of his romantic life.
- Character of our knowledge about Shakespeare - An overview of the biographical information available on William Shakespeare.
- The Comedy of Errors - A history and brief analysis of the play.
- Comedy of Errors - An analysis and synopsis of the play.
- Coriolanus - An analysis of the play and characters.
- Cymbeline - An analysis of the play.
- Doubtful Plays of Shakespeare - Analysis of evidence supporting the claim of Shakespearean authorship of several questionable Elizabethan plays.
- Evidence as to Order of Plays - Attempts to establish the order in which Shakespeare's plays were composed.
- The Greek Stage and Shakespeare - An analysis of the similarities between the theatre of Shakespeare and that of the ancient Greeks.
- Greene's Jealousy of Shakespeare - As early as 1592, Shakespeare's dramatic work had excited the envy and indignation of his contemporaries, including the accomplished scholar and dramatist, Robert Greene.
- Hamlet - A comprehensive Hamlet Resource.
- Hamlet - Analysis of the play.
- Henry IV - Analysis of Shakespeare's Henry IV plays, with special emphasis on the character of Falstaff.
- Henry V - Analysis of the play and characters.
- Henry VI - Analysis of Shakespeare's Henry VI plays.
- Henry VIII - Analysis of the play and characters.
- His Family and Education - Available biographical details of Shakespeare's early life.
- His justice and tolerance - Examines the moral virtues of Shakespeare's plays.
- His Marriage and Relations with his Wife - Known facts of Shakespeare's relationship with Anne Hathaway.
- His progress in versification - Examines Shakespeare's evolution as a writer of verse.
- Julius Caesar - Analysis of the play and characters.
- King Lear - Analysis and history of the play.
- Macbeth - Analysis of the play.
- Meres List: Earliest Group - The Comedy of Errors, Love's Labours Lost and Titus Andronicus
- Meres List: Second Group - The Two Gentlemen of Verona, All's Well That Ends Well and The Taming of the Shrew
- Meres List: Remaining Meres Plays - Romeo and Juliet, A Midsummer Night's Dream and The Merchant of Venice
- Meres List: Early Chronicle Plays - Richard II, King John, Richard III
- Meres List: Remaining Historical Plays - Henry V and Henry VIII
- Meres List: Classical Plays - Troilus and Cressida, Timon of Athens, Julius Caesar, Coriolanus and Antony and Cleopatra
- Meres List: Tragicomedies - Hamlet, Othello, Macbeth and King Lear
- Meres List: Last Group - Cymbeline, The Winter's Tale and The Tempest
- A Midsummer Night's Dream - Analysis of the play.
- Much Ado About Nothing - Analysis of the play.
- Othello - Analysis of the play.
- Plays not mentioned by Meres - Pericles, The Merry Wives, Measure for Measure, Much Ado about Nothing, As You Like It and Twelfth Night.
- Richard II - Analysis of the play and characters.
- Richard III - Analysis of the play as well as the portrayal of Richard by Edmund Kean.
- The Romantic Iago - A unique analysis of the character of Iago in Shakespeare's Othello.
- Romeo and Juliet - Analysis of the play.
- Shakespearean Blank Verse - Management of metre, pause, trisyllabic substitution and the redundant syllable.
- Shakespeare and Mrs. Davenant - An account of Shakespeare's affair with the wife of an innkeeper and the illegitimate son this affair may have produced.
- The Shakespeare-Bacon Theory - Analysis of the theory that the plays of William Shakespeare were not written by the man whose biography we are familiar with, but rather under pseudonym by Lord Chancellor Francis Bacon.
- Shakespeare in the News - The latest headlines on Shakespeare and Shakespearean productions.
- Shakespeare Monologues - A collection of monologues for actors.
- Shakespeare Monologues - More Shakespearean monologues for actors.
- Shakespeare's Birthplace - A description of the house in which Shakespeare was born and a note on the orthography of his name.
- Shakespeare's Censors - Examines the critics and defenders of Shakespeare's virtue.
- Shakespeare's Coined Words - A study of words coined by Shakespeare which either have been, or deserve to be, adopted into common usage.
- Shakespeare's Company - Examines lack of evidence as to the circumstances of Shakespeare's early adult life.
- Shakespeare's Early Contemporaries - An account of some of the other prominent dramatists of Shakespeare's day.
- Shakespeare: Sonnets - An index of poems by Shakespeare.
- Shakespeare's Share in Henry VI, Henry IV - Examines Shakespeare's contributions to these plays.
- Shakespeare's special gifts - Poetic phrasing, dramatic construction, and character-drawing.
- Shakespeare the Barker - An account of Shakespeare's first days in the theatre.
- Shakespeare Trivia - An index of Shakespeare related trivia questions.
- The Tempest - Analysis of the play.
- Timon of Athens - Analysis of the play and characters.
- Troilus and Cressida - Analysis of the play and characters.
- Twelfth Night - An overview of the play and its history.
- Universality of his style - Examines Shakespeare's dramatic style and mannerisms.
- Value of the Meres List - Examines the importance of the Meres list in establishing the order of Shakespeare's plays.
- William Shakespeare - A biography and list of related links.
- William Shakespeare - a biography
- William Shakespeare Quotes - A collection of quotes from Shakespeare's plays.
- William Shakespeare Quotes - More quotes from his plays.
- Find more articles on William Shakespeare
- Purchase Plays by William Shakespeare
- Purchase Studies of William Shakespeare