Home: British Theatre
- Alfred Bunn - A biography of the English theatrical manager.
- Animals on the English Stage - A history of animals in the English theatre.
- The Chronicle and History Play - An analysis of the development of the English chronicle and history play.
- The Closure of the Theaters by the Puritans - A chronical of the persecution of actors and closure of the theaters by Puritans in the years preceding the Restoration.
- Condemnation of the Elizabethan Theater - An examination of attempts by the Church and the London Corporation to shut down the theaters, as well as the royal protection which allowed the theaters to thrive.
- Court Comedies and Masques - An overview of two groups of sixteenth century plays which belonged neither to the democratic, popular class, nor to the pseudo-classical species fostered by the academic circles.
- The Earliest English Comedies - A history of the development of English comedy; specifically examines Nicholas Udall's Ralph Roister Doister and the anonymous Gammer Gurton's Needle.
- The Early English Theaters - An account of the rise of the earliest English theaters and description of their conditions.
- Elizabethan Dramatic Criticism - An overview of dramatic criticism during the Elizabethan period.
- Elizabethan Playhouses, Actors, and Audiences - An overview of Elizabethan theatre; covers regulation and licensing of plays, objections to playhouses, companies of actors, and composition and ownership of plays.
- The First Blackfriars Theatre - A history of one of the earliest English playhouses.
- The Greatest Imagist of the Theatre - Discouraged in London, theatre director Gordon Craig finally compels recognition in Florence.
- London's Vibrant West End Theatre Scene - An overview of London's famous theatre district.
- The Old English Pantomime - A history of the development of the art of mime in eighteenth century England.
- Philip Henslowe - A biography of the English theatrical manager.
- Poems by Elizabethan Dramatists - An index of poems by British dramatists of the Elizabethan period.
- Restoration Drama - An overview of Restoration theatre; includes information on the appearance of women on the English stage, the persistance of Elizabethan plays, parody of heroic drama, the nature of Restoration comedy, women playwrights, and Collier's attack on the stage.
- Richard D'Oyly Carte - A biography of the theatrical empresario.
- Romantic Comedies and Pastorals - A brief overview of the English romantic comedies and pastoral plays of the sixteenth century.
- The Rose Theatre - A history of one of the earliest English playhouses.
- Shakespeare's Globe Theatre - Information on the Globe Theatre in Southwark, a stunning reconstruction of the Bard's early playhouse.
- Theatre Royal Haymarket - A history of the famous theatre.
- The Tailor's Riot - An historical account of one of the most curious riots in theatrical annals.
- Purchase Books on British Theatre